Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/06 20:52:13 UTC

T5: Favicon

I get this error when I first access my application and there is no favicon.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to resolve page 'favicon' to a
component class name.  Available page names: Start, core/ExceptionReport.

I could not find any Jira Issues regarding this, should I file a bug ?
Actually, should I consider it a bug ?

Thanks !

Re: T5: Favicon

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I've designed a simple favicon

Re: T5: Favicon

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Re: T5: Favicon

Posted by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think it would be nice.

Re: T5: Favicon

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> I'm also thinking of providing a favicon.ico as part of the quickstart
> archetype.
+1

Re: T5: Favicon

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm thinking of special casing this one.  Basically, when a browser
hits a web page, it always asks for the favicon.ico.

If you have an actual favicon.ico file, no problem.

Otherwise, it drops down into Tapestry, where it looks like an action
request (page=favicon, component=ico, event=action) and that generates
the error.

It's a distraction that should just be ignored.