Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Yuhichi Nakamura <NA...@jp.ibm.com> on 2000/11/06 14:58:37 UTC

Proposal: codebase for 3.0 architecture

Folks,
IBM Tokyo Research Lab. team is pleased to post our codebase for SOAP V3
architecture discussion.
We have implemented a framework for configuring header handlers (including
digital signature and logger),
incorporating the concept of intermediary hosts in SOAP specification.  We
also take account of
"transpor-agnostic" nature of SOAP.  I hope you can play with it so as to
give us feedbacks.
More importantly, we want to contribute to V3 architecture design with this
functional
codebase.  (We have developed a customer solution based on our platform.)

I think that Glen will post his codebase soon, and Jacek has SOAP
implementaion (Idoox).  What else
should we look at?

p.s. This package does not include api doc to reduce the size.  A complete
package will be published
on our web site soon.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ryo Neyama
Yuhichi Nakamura

IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory

(See attached file: TRLSOAP07.zip)

RE: Proposal: codebase for 3.0 architecture

Posted by James Snell <js...@lemoorenet.com>.
I will also be producing a COM-based implementation that addresses many of
the concepts that we (myself, Glen, the IBM guys, and others) have been
discussing for v3.  It is in COM simply because that is what I know best :-)
.... so those of you who hate COM... sorry :-)

Anyway, I will post some my comments about the architecture tomorrow
morning.

- James