Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Florian Theurich <fl...@x-cell.com> on 2004/12/01 12:43:06 UTC

Eclipse & Pollinate

Hi there,

I am not quite sure if my question should be posted to this list, but here
it is:

I installed the JDK 5.0 as well as Eclipse 3.1 and 'plugged-in' the newest
Pollinate-Version. When trying to run a new project or the existing
PetStore-WebApp I get an 404-Error from Tomcat telling me, that
'http://localhost:9080/Test/webApp/begin.do' is not available.

When trying to modify a page (e.g some text on the index.jsp) and save the
file I get following message:

Errors during build.

Errors running builder "org.eclipse.pollinate.core.builder.PollinateBuilder"
on project Test.

com.sun.tools.apt.Main cannot be found: restart Eclipse with "-vmargs
-Xbootclasspath/a:{JDK_HOME}/lib/tools.jar" on the command line

I tried to restart Eclipse on the command line but nothing changed so far.
My JAVA_HOME points to the correct directory so this can't be it!

Did someone else experience something in similar.

Any help is highly appreciated

Cheers

Florian

Re: Eclipse & Pollinate

Posted by Alexander Smirnoff <al...@sympatico.ca>.
Just a quick note here:

JDK_HOME should point to JDK1.5 installation, not to JRE1.5 directory. I
do not know your exact
configuration, but in general JAVA_HOME can point to JRE. Just verify
that the file
{JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar exists. Then try to restart the Eclipse with:

-vmargs -Xbootclasspath/a:{JAVA_HOME}/lib/tools.jar

Obviously, you'll have to substitute {JAVA_HOME} with concrete path (e.g.
"-vmargs -Xbootclasspath/a:c:/java/jdk1.5/lib/tools.jar") or use the
correct environment variable
(OS dependable).

HTH
Alexander Smirnoff.

Re: Eclipse & Pollinate

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@bea.com>.
Florian--

   Personally, I don't have any experience with Pollinate, but the
Pollinate devs tend to be around the Beehive lists and might be able to
help here.

   You might also try the Pollinate dev list on Eclipse, whose address
is available here:

   http://www.eclipse.org/pollinate/

There is also a Pollinate mailing list here:

   eclipse.technology.pollinate

   Hope that helps.

Eddie