Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2006/11/28 17:33:50 UTC

RE: Tomahawk datatable issues

2 and 4: see

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-102

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-542

and maybe http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-637

Michael

________________________________

From: Renzo Tomaselli [mailto:renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it]
Sent: Dienstag, 28. November 2006 17:17
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Tomahawk datatable issues

Hi, I'm using myfaces.1.1.5 snapshot+tomahawk.1.1.5.snapshot+facelets
1.1.11.
Component DataTable has a number of open issues affecting usability:

1. DataTable rows are not rendered with their rowIds. E.g.

rowIndexVar="rowIndex"
rowId="#{rowIndex}"      // or any other binding

does not yields any id on rendered html. This is a side-effect of having
facelets onboard, as described in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/200603.mbox/%3C8f98
5b960603160918u1054f63akb146adca979de1cc@mail.gmail.com%3E).
Suggested workaround runs fine, though.

2. I would expect that
'<t:dataTable id="result" forceId="true" ...' should render as
'<table id="result"' and not as
'<table id="_id96:result"',

otherwise I miss the meaning of forceId.

3. Attribute columnClasses seems not working, since the very first class
is rendered for *all* columns. Since this works fine in Myfaces
examples, I guess there is some Facelets side-effect somewhere.

4. The component InputHidden does not accept attributes
forceId/forceIdIndex, unlike what's documented (this implies no way to
generate simple id for hidden fields inside a table).

Comments are welcome -- Renzo