Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric fiedler <ef...@actelesys.com> on 2003/05/19 16:44:34 UTC

Tomact isapi_redirect.dll and IIS 3.0

Hi -

I am trying to get my IIS 3.0 Server to work in conjuction with Tomcat. I
have Tomcat 4.1 running on a seperate machine. My website is hosted on a
WinNT machine running IIS 3.0. I need to be able to send requests for a
certain page to the machine running Tomcat. I compiled a version of the
isapi_redirect filter using c++ code sent with a distribution of Tomact
3.3.1 (the code was not with my distribution of 4.1). I add the path to the
DLL under the registry key for filter dll's on the WinNT IIS machine.
According to the document I have I should be able to (from the IIS machine)
run localhost/examples/jsp/index.html. There is a worker setup to forward
all url's of the form "/examples/" to the Tomcat machine using ajp13.
However, this does not work any there is no log file written for Tomcat, and
the log file for IIS shows no mention of the filter dll even being accessed.

Can someone tell me how to get Tomcat 4.1 to work with IIS 3.0? Again, they
are on two seperate machines. Thanks.