Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by serenity <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 16:36:30 UTC

no agents listed in 'http.agent.name' property

Hello Friends,

I am experiencing this error message " fetcher:no agents listed in
'http.agent.name' property" when I am trying to crawl with Nutch 1.3

I referred other mails regarding the same error message and tried to change
the nutch-default.xml and nutch-site.xml file details with

 <property>
  <name>http.agent.name</name>
  <value>My Nutch Spider</value>
  <description>EMPTY</description>
</property>

I also filled out the other property details without blank and still getting
the same error. May I know my mistake ?

Thanks,
Serenity

Re: no agents listed in 'http.agent.name' property

Posted by serenity <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Julien, I just did it and it's crawling fine without any issue

Re: no agents listed in 'http.agent.name' property

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Are you calling nutch from runtime/local? If so make sure you changed
nutch-site.xml (and not default) in runtime/local/conf
Changing the conf in NUTCH_HOME/conf won't be copied to the runtime dirs
unless you rebuild with ant

*

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com