Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dan Dumont <dd...@apache.org> on 2011/12/12 19:10:11 UTC

Git at apache, how's your test run going?

I've heard that you guys are a pilot project for using Git at apache.
 How are things going?

I've been linked the 3 or so documents describing the criteria for success:
https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/GitSuccessCriteria
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide
https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/GitJiraIntegration

but I didn't see any mention of a timeline or progress made towards those goals.
It looks like the project kicked off in late September of 2011, how
long was it expected to run before enough information would be
collected to make a decision about the possibility of other projects
moving as well? I'm not asking if you plan on resuming your SVN
access, I guess I'm just eager to read about progress on this topic :)

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Git at apache, how's your test run going?

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Dan Dumont <dd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've heard that you guys are a pilot project for using Git at apache.
>  How are things going?
>
> I've been linked the 3 or so documents describing the criteria for success:
> https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/GitSuccessCriteria
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide
> https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/GitJiraIntegration
>
> but I didn't see any mention of a timeline or progress made towards those goals.
> It looks like the project kicked off in late September of 2011, how
> long was it expected to run before enough information would be
> collected to make a decision about the possibility of other projects
> moving as well? I'm not asking if you plan on resuming your SVN
> access, I guess I'm just eager to read about progress on this topic :)
>

> Thanks,
> Dan

Dan,

Things are going well so far. The initial tests were mostly aimed at
exercising the hosting hooks for the infra group as well as to have a
place to document work flows with the use.

The current situation is that there are a handful of other ASF
projects that have had proposals accepted to make the switch so that
we can expand the experiment a bit further and have more input.

If you'd like to keep more abreast of the goings on the two best
places to check are infrastructure-dev@ for significant updates as
well as #asfinfra on freenode if you have specific questions on
progress. Feel free to ping me either place.