Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by sudhir muthal <m_...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/23 12:03:03 UTC

FP taglib-Xpath Problem

Hello Everybody there

I have similar problem. Can anyone please tell me what xpath I should use to
edit xml file using fp taglib. Here is My sample xml file.

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<pribook>
<prisection1>
<title>My Title</title>
<para1>When you have a question about a Microsoft Office program, you can
ask the Office Assistant.</para1>

<para1>If the correct topic doesn't appear in the Assistant balloon, click
None of the above, look for more help on the Web at the bottom of the list
of topics.</para1>

<prisection2>
<para1>You will get suggestions on how to phrase a question to the Office
Assistant or how to narrow your search by using keywords.</para1>

<para1>If you still can't find the information you want, you can send
feedback to improve future versions of Help and be automatically connected
to the Microsoft Office Update Web site to search for help there.</para1>
</prisection2>
</prisection1>
</pribook>

I want to select second <para1> inside <prisection2> for editing purpose.

Is there any solution for this
Thanks in advance.
Sudhir Muthal

Re: FP taglib-Xpath Problem

Posted by simone cecchini <si...@kiosco.org>.
At 12:11 4/23/01 +0200, you wrote:
>At 15:33 4/23/01 +0530, you wrote:
>>Hello Everybody there
>>
>>I have similar problem. Can anyone please tell me what xpath I should use to
>>edit xml file using fp taglib. Here is My sample xml file.
>>
>><?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
>><pribook>
>><prisection1>
>><title>My Title</title>
>><para1>When you have a question about a Microsoft Office program, you can
>>ask the Office Assistant.</para1>
>>
>><para1>If the correct topic doesn't appear in the Assistant balloon, click
>>None of the above, look for more help on the Web at the bottom of the list
>>of topics.</para1>
>>
>><prisection2>
>><para1>You will get suggestions on how to phrase a question to the Office
>>Assistant or how to narrow your search by using keywords.</para1>
>>
>><para1>If you still can't find the information you want, you can send
>>feedback to improve future versions of Help and be automatically connected
>>to the Microsoft Office Update Web site to search for help there.</para1>
>></prisection2>
>></prisection1>
>></pribook>
>>
>>I want to select second <para1> inside <prisection2> for editing purpose.
>
>you should tried
><fp:resource...
>	<fp:resource-node>/prisection2/paral[2]</fp:resource-node>
>or <fp:write select="/prisection2/paral[2]"

or better (as thisis correct ;)
<fp:resource-node>/pribook/prisection2/paral[2]</fp:resource-node>

Re: FP taglib-Xpath Problem

Posted by Stefan Lettmayer <sl...@twix.sharkman5.2y.net>.
On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 03:33:03PM +0530, sudhir muthal wrote:
> Hello Everybody there
>
> I have similar problem. Can anyone please tell me what xpath I should use to
> edit xml file using fp taglib. Here is My sample xml file.
>

> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <pribook>
> <prisection1>
> <title>My Title</title>
> <para1>When you have a question about a Microsoft Office program, you can
> ask the Office Assistant.</para1>
>
> <para1>If the correct topic doesn't appear in the Assistant balloon, click
> None of the above, look for more help on the Web at the bottom of the list
> of topics.</para1>
>
> <prisection2>
> <para1>You will get suggestions on how to phrase a question to the Office
> Assistant or how to narrow your search by using keywords.</para1>
>
> <para1>If you still can't find the information you want, you can send
> feedback to improve future versions of Help and be automatically connected
> to the Microsoft Office Update Web site to search for help there.</para1>
> </prisection2>
> </prisection1>
> </pribook>
>
> I want to select second <para1> inside <prisection2> for editing purpose.

prisection2/para1[postion() = 2]

> Is there any solution for this
> Thanks in advance.
> Sudhir Muthal