Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by nisen <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/23 08:17:36 UTC

[vote] Is there need a wiki for pdfbox? cwiki or wiki in apache?

PDFBox has no wiki, It's incredible.I am a wiki fans,so i suggest to
create a wiki。
In Apache threre are these choose :
cwiki: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dashboard.action
wiki: http://wiki.apache.org
JSPWiki may be the third
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jspwiki.html ,you can write wiki
page in JSPWiki,but is diffcult for new to reade which one is
important.

you can vote like my vote:

Is there need a wiki for pdfbox? yes
cwiki or wiki in apache? cwiki
Reason
cwiki is good for doc.Struts2 use it as official doc.
wiki is very slow in my  county China

--
nisen(English Name)/倪森(Chinese Name)
Blog: http://nisen.javaeye.com

Re: [vote] Is there need a wiki for pdfbox? cwiki or wiki in apache?

Posted by nisen <ni...@gmail.com>.
create the cwiki see  http://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/

Posted by nisen <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,Adam

| I'm not suggesting it as a replacement to the mailing list, but
merely a supplement
I agree with your proposal .

focus of wiki、maillist、web focus are different

maillist:we can discuss in it. But not all discuss are useful for
every user. It's difficult to find very difficult to find the most in
need. Although read maillist is helpful for you ,users do not have so
much time to read. So they need wiki and web .

wiki is quickly to add context use web ui and save users'  time
web html help use know PDFBox quickly.

wiki, maillist, web requires that no one can replace

--
nisen(English Name)/倪森(Chinese Name)
Blog: http://nisen.javaeye.com

Re: [vote] Is there need a wiki for pdfbox? cwiki or wiki in apache?

Posted by Ad...@swmc.com.
"Need" is a bit strong, but I agree it'd be good to add a wiki for PDF Box
I have no opinion on which wiki software to use

Reason: A wiki would be a good place to put code examples which should
address the commonly asked questions we get on the mailing list (how do I
extract text, how do I extract images, etc.).  I'm not suggesting it as a
replacement to the mailing list, but merely a supplement.  It'd also be
nice to document known limitations (embedded fonts) and the status/ETA if
applicable.

Good suggestion, and thank you for putting it to a vote.

--Adam

From:
nisen <ni...@gmail.com>
To:
dev@pdfbox.apache.org
Date:
02/22/2010 23:18
Subject:
[vote] Is there need a wiki for pdfbox? cwiki or wiki in apache?

PDFBox has no wiki, It's incredible.I am a wiki fans,so i suggest to
create a wiki。
In Apache threre are these choose :
cwiki: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dashboard.action
wiki: http://wiki.apache.org
JSPWiki may be the third
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jspwiki.html ,you can write wiki
page in JSPWiki,but is diffcult for new to reade which one is
important.

you can vote like my vote:

Is there need a wiki for pdfbox? yes
cwiki or wiki in apache? cwiki
Reason
cwiki is good for doc.Struts2 use it as official doc.
wiki is very slow in my  county China

--
nisen(English Name)/倪森(Chinese Name)
Blog: http://nisen.javaeye.com

?  Click here to submit conditions

This email and any content within or attached hereto from  Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc.  is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email information is strictly prohibited, and that the documents should be returned to this office immediately by email. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any privilege. Please do not include your social security number, account number, or any other personal or financial information in the content of the email. Should you have any questions, please call  (800) 453 7884.