Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Pas <ma...@logicacmg.com> on 2004/03/01 07:30:16 UTC

RE: Maven Eclipse and class folder..

Well let me give an example then..:

the project i am working on is a multi-project one where each sub-project
has it's own project.xml.
In this project.xml all dependencies are nicelly aranged and building and
packing goes fine...

Based on each project.xml, the maven eclipse goal creates per sub-project
the corresponding .classpath and .project files
needed for editing the sourcecode using eclipse. (so far so good!!!) Just an
import of the sub-project in eclipse and we are up-and-runnig!

What i can do in eclipse is mount or associated a specific class folder that
contains files that need to be on the classpath when running,
debugging or testing the eclipse project. This can be for example a
centralized log4j.xml file that contains my log settings.
So using eclipse i can mount this class-folder and from that point on al
files in this folder will be available to the classpatch!!!
But when i regenerate the .project / .classpatch files, these included
folders are off course gone! So i was looking for a way that
these classfolder depencies could also be generated using the maven eclipse
goal.

To my knowledge at this moment, there is no succesfull way to tell the maven
eclipse plugin that it shuold also generate or include pointers to my
class-folder or centralized log4j file....

Any help would highly be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards,
Marco Pas

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
This is also a problem if you have antlr generated files in say
target/antlr.

"maven eclipse" will blow away those entries every time you run it.

Obviously this is a problem, but a cleaner solution than coding antlr
specific parts into the eclipse plugin is required.  The antlr plugin
really needs to register itself in the eclipse plugin somehow.

This is left as an exercise for the reader   ;)