Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by Asad Awadia <as...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/18 19:39:04 UTC

Data sharding

Hello,

What is the best strategy/code architecture to shard a piece of data across different raft groups?

Keep a mapping of data items to which raft group they belong to? Create new raft groups as required? Connect to the proper raft group to read data?

Is this too naive of an approach?

Regards,
Asad

Re: Data sharding

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asad,

I do not have a good answer.  It depends on the application.  What service
and guarantees would the application provide?  You may want to take a look
at the Apache Ozone architecture as a reference.  Another example is HBase
which uses Ratis for its WALs.

Tsz-Wo