Posted to kalumet-dev@incubator.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2013/08/15 22:21:53 UTC

Time to move forward !

Hi guys,

During the latest weeks, I received messages from users to re-iterate
their interest in Kalumet.
We received really good feedback and the users really want to see the
project move forward.

I know that we are all busy, but I think it's time to show to all (both
users and other projects) the value of Kalumet.

Unfortunately the latest release votes have been cancelled due to "not
correct legal files", and maybe some of you lose motivation cause to that.

I will try to tackle "the legal files issue" asap in order to resubmit a
new release to vote.

All help is welcome on Kalumet (documentation, commit, proposal, ideas,
...), so time to move !

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Time to move forward !

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Good point Mike. You are right, we have to log all that we plan to do
(and bugs) on Jira.

Here's the link:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KALUMET

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Time to move forward !

Posted by Michael Duffy <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time to move forward !

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It sounds good !

On my side I have a proposal to you.

I would like to update the Kalumet model like this:
- distinction between two parts:
* Deployment (it's what we have more or less currently), with ready to
use plugin (WebSphere, WebLogic, Karaf, ...)
* Monitoring (I started it during AutoDeploy but not really implemented
anything interesting). In the monitoring we can define some JMX
attributes or return statement of operations and associate a SLA on it.
For instance, in WebSphere, I would like to periodically check the
MaxThread attribute, and if the value of the attribute is greater than a
value in the SLA, I will use the publisher (of the environment) to notice.

Of course, I don't propose this for 0.6 branch (my main purpose on this
branch is a first release), but for trunk.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB

--