Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/05 15:47:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.11.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 0.11.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
test it and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.11.0-rc1/

Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1085

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1085</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.11.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.11.0

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/09/16 16:47, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.11.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.

+1 (verified signature, compiled and ran tests, ran helloworld example
against both brokers, the router and the proton python broker.py example)

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.11.0

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1 ... I took the staged artifacts and run my tests against different
versions of Qpid C++ broker (0.34, 1.35 and master) and Red Hat MRG-M 3.2.
All seems to work OK.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5 September 2016 at 16:47, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.11.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.11.0-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1085
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>

> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1085</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.11.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Adding my +1.

I checked things out as follows:
 - Verified the checksums and signatures.
 - Checked LICENCE+NOTICE files present.
 - Checked licence headers with mvn apache-rat:check.
 - Ran the build and tests from the source archive, no issues.
 - Used the staging repo with maven to build/run examples from the bin
archive against Dispatch, Java broker, C++ broker, and ActiveMQ 5.
 - Built/run the examples source in the bin archive manually using javac.
 - Used the staging repo to run the ActiveMQ 5 master build and AMQP
tests which use the client.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.11.0

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

* built from source distribution artefact and ran all tests (mvn
verify with Java 1.8.0_101 on Mac OS X 10.11.6)
* ran Joram JMS integration tests against the Java Broker (trunk and
6.0.4) using the staged Maven artefacts

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1