Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Josh Clum <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 18:21:13 UTC

Hive oozie action files

Hi,

I'm using a oozie workflow in one of my falcon processes. Inside of my
oozie workflow there is a hive action.  Inside my hive action, I add files
like this:

<file>${wf:conf('fs.defaultFS')}/${scriptsLocation}/test.hql</file>

but when i reference those files from my oozie workflow, they are not
available to the falcon process. It seems like they are not being copied
over with the original workflow xml.

Any thoughts how i would reference files inside a oozie hive action when
they are not being copied over by falcon? Should they be copied over to one
of the temp/working/staging dirs?

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Hive oozie action files

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
Hi Josh,

Falcon does not know about the user workflow and will not verify the
contents of it but only schedule it in Oozie. Hence, before you schedule
this process, you'd need to make 'em available in the configured location.

Thanks!

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM, Josh Clum <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a oozie workflow in one of my falcon processes. Inside of my
> oozie workflow there is a hive action.  Inside my hive action, I add files
> like this:
>
> <file>${wf:conf('fs.defaultFS')}/${scriptsLocation}/test.hql</file>
>
> but when i reference those files from my oozie workflow, they are not
> available to the falcon process. It seems like they are not being copied
> over with the original workflow xml.
>
> Any thoughts how i would reference files inside a oozie hive action when
> they are not being copied over by falcon? Should they be copied over to one
> of the temp/working/staging dirs?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Venkatesh