Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/10 11:06:06 UTC

[GSOC] GCE support for Stratos

Hi Nirmal, all,

I am working on adding GCE IaaS provider support based on [1], [2].
I am working on forked copy of stratos repo [3], and mainly installing all
components using Chris's project [4].

I am facing some problems with newly added GCEPartitiionValidator class not
getting recognized. "gce" as a provider is not recognized while 'deploying
partition' step of Stratos Manager configuration.
While debugging this I found out all the jclouds code for ec2, openstack,
vcloud are available in $STRATOS_SRC/dependencies/jclouds/apis
Could you comment on any requirement for such a copy. May be its not
mandatory, since we can directly add dependency in pom.xml (for example,
[5]) ?

Also could you please comment on steps 1,2 at bottom of the page in [1]
I couldn't find which file 'Fragment-Host' needs to be added. I couldn't
find this string in any file. May be the procedure has changed.

I will try to debug more to find out any other changes needed as well.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Adding+support+for+a+new+IaaS+provider
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NNQk8Lc0b7G4Vx4-RYxhDAFW4lzFqoaz8QrluCMlJy8/
[3] https://github.com/suriyapriya/incubator-stratos/tree/gce
[4] https://github.com/suriyapriya/stratos-vagrant-box
[5]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/compute-basics/pom.xml

Thanks
Suriya

Re: [GSOC] GCE support for Stratos

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Sathyasuriya Priya <sathyasuriya@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thanks Nirmal for the suggestion.
>
> To update further, I made some more progress to the issue.
> Now jclouds is able to recognize google-compute-engine as one of the
> providers/apis. I had to do some other fix.
>
> So now I am able to configure partition, autoscale, deployment policy in
> stratos manager web interface, based on json from [1].
> Now it is getting stuck in cartridge deployment due to failures in
> GCEIaaS.java. I am adding debugs to find why its not picking the given
> imageid.
>
> BTW, your suggestion will help me to not add jclouds files to
> dependencies/jclouds/apis/ ?

No, my suggestion is just to check, whether it's a bundle start level issue.

> I see all currently supported providers(ec2,openstack,vclouds,docker) are
> there. So not sure if we could make it work without adding.
> Moreover, jclouds gce code [3] doesn't export it as a bundle.
> But we need that to get exported as a bundle [4].

Ok, then this could be the issue. Nice catch!

> [1] https://github.com/suriyapriya/stratos-vagrant-box/tree/master/tests
> [2]
> https://github.com/suriyapriya/incubator-stratos/tree/gce/dependencies/jclouds/apis
> [3]
> https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/blob/master/google-compute-engine/pom.xml
> [4]
> https://github.com/suriyapriya/incubator-stratos/blob/gce/dependencies/jclouds/apis/google-compute-engine/1.7.1-stratos/pom.xml
>
> Thanks
> Suriya
>

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Suriya,
>>
>> Can you locate bundles.info file of the product and there, locate the
>> GCI jar and make its start level lesser than the jclouds core and see
>> whether it works?
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Sathyasuriya Priya <
>> sathyasuriya@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> To update more about this issue, it looks like jclouds code for new
>>> providers needs to be added to dependencies/jclouds/apis/ as well.
>>>
>>> [1] helped to get into OSGI console and I see all the providers are
>>> listed there.
>>>
>>> osgi> ss
>>> 17      ACTIVE      aws-ec2_1.7.1.stratos
>>> 43      ACTIVE      ec2_1.7.1.stratos
>>> 113     ACTIVE      openstack-nova_1.7.1.stratos
>>> 450     ACTIVE      vcloud_1.7.1.stratos

Posted by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suriya,

Posted by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM, Sathyasuriya Priya <sathyasuriya@gmail.com

Posted by Sathyasuriya Priya <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suriya,

Thanks for the update. Please find my comments in-line.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.