Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/26 13:25:36 UTC

[ApacheDS] Operation scope

Hi,

Can I know the difference between these two ProtectedItems specified in
X.501?

*– allUserAttributeTypes means all user attribute type information
associated with the entry, but not
values associated with those attributes.
* –allUserAttributeTypesAndValues means all user attribute information
associated with the entry,
including all values of all user attributes.

Is this related with LDAP or specifiec only to X.500?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [ApacheDS] Operation scope

Posted by Jérôme Baumgarten <jb...@gmail.com>.
I guess it's the same as the java.naming.ldap.typesOnly property in
JNDI. When you do a search you can specify if you want to get :
ONLY the types : only the name of the attributes, NO values
types and values : attribute names with associated values.

HTH

Jérôme

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Marc Boorshtein wrote:

> Sure,  lets say you have the below ACI which limits the addition of
> entries based on a group(it's been a while since I've worked with
> these, so forgive me if the syntax is a bit off)
>

> dn: dc=mydomain,dc=com
> subTreeACI: allow#a,m#group:cn=my
> dnymaicgroup,ou=groups,dc=mydomain,dc=com
>
> then you would have a group:
>
> dn: cn=my dynamicgroup,ou=groups,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> objectClass: groupOfUrls
> memberURL: ldap:///dc=mydomain,dc=com??sub?(someAttrb=someVal)
> <ldap:///dc=mydomain,dc=com??sub?%28someAttrb=someVal%29>
>
> The combination of the ACI and the dynamic group defenition would in
> effect let you limit the permisions based on an attribute value.

I see thanks Mark for this example.

Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] Operation scope

Posted by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com>.
Sure, lets say you have the below ACI which limits the addition of entries
based on a group(it's been a while since I've worked with these, so forgive
me if the syntax is a bit off)

dn: dc=mydomain,dc=com
subTreeACI: allow#a,m#group:cn=my dnymaicgroup,ou=groups,dc=mydomain,dc=com

then you would have a group:

dn: cn=my dynamicgroup,ou=groups,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClass: groupOfUrls
memberURL: ldap:///dc=mydomain,dc=com??sub?(someAttrb=someVal)

The combination of the ACI and the dynamic group defenition would in effect
let you limit the permisions based on an attribute value.

Marc

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.