Posted to user@curator.apache.org by David Greenberg <ds...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/31 22:53:02 UTC

Noticing a curator memory/thread leak

I have been noticing that my application seems to be leaking curator
threads and CuratorFrameworkImpls.

These leak at around 10-200 per day.

I create 2 curators in my application--one is from Datomic, and the other
is used for a LeaderLatch. I can see that the LeaderLatch and Datomic
instance each retain a single curator reference; however, I see hundreds of
curators that are kept around along with their Executors, which ends up
draining a lot of resources.

I'm using an older version of Curator--was this or is this a problem
before? Is it a Curator bug, or a bug in my code that uses it?

Thank you,
David

Re: Noticing a curator memory/thread leak

Posted by David Greenberg <ds...@gmail.com>.
I looked through those notes to no avail.

Is there a way to "tag" a curator instance/change its thread pool, so that
I can see which curator instance (if either) is leaking?

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

From: David Greenberg dsg123456789@gmail.com
Reply: David Greenberg dsg123456789@gmail.com
Date: March 31, 2014 at 4:37:30 PM