Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthieu Morel <mm...@apache.org> on 2013/05/13 18:04:01 UTC

Need some help for releasing S4 0.6.0

Hi all,

we currently have the following +1 votes:

1 IPMC / PPMC vote (phunt)
2 PPMC votes (kishoreg, mmorel)
1 non binding committer vote (dferro)

So we haven't reached the quorum yet.

Can we get some help (votes) to finalize this release? (The vote thread has the following subject: "[VOTE] S4 0.6.0 Incubating Release Candidate 5")

Thanks!

Matthieu

Re: Need some help for releasing S4 0.6.0

Posted by Matthieu Morel <mm...@apache.org>.
On May 21, 2013, at 20:18 , Henry Saputra wrote:

> The hashes contain additional text: "MD5
> (apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-src.zip) =" for the MD5 and
> "apache-s4-0.6.0-incubating-src.zip" for the SHA1.
> Making it harder to just diff the hash for the artifacts.
>
> Looks like not a blocker for release but I believe typically the hashes do
> not contain this additional meta text.

The release was generated on macosx where md5 and shasum commands have slightly different output formats by default. Hopefully that's acceptable.

Matthieu

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

We should probably make the MD5 and SHA sum more inline with other Apache
releases to help make verification easier. But I dont think is a release
blocker.