Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2007/01/11 09:19:32 UTC

Nutch zone (was Re: Google Search on Nutch?)

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 14:39 +0200, Justin Hartman wrote:
> I'm sorry but I have to ask this question - stupid as it may seem....
>
> Why does the Nutch home page [1] have Google Search integrated into
> the site when surely it should be using Nutch?

See the source code of the page:

Forrest has not yet a explicit nutch search interface,
however forrest support searching against a lucene index out of the box.

Further I just added a solr plugin to forrest, trying to say forrest
could be easily extended to use nutch but ...

> What better a
> demonstration of the Nutch system than the Nutch home page?

Well, on people.apache.org, where all websites of http://apache.org/ are
hosted there is no java allowed ASAIR.

However nutch could use their zone server to add a demonstration for the
community. Like e.g. http://lenya.zones.apache.org/#otherDemos or
http://forrest.zones.apache.org/, but I guess that is a dev topic.

HTH

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Nutch zone (was Re: Google Search on Nutch?)

Posted by Jim Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
> However nutch could use their zone server to add a demonstration for the
> community. Like e.g. http://lenya.zones.apache.org/#otherDemos or
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/, but I guess that is a dev topic.

+1

Is there a reason not to use the zone server in this manner?

-- Jim