Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Yaron Rosenbaum <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/19 19:32:02 UTC

ec2 ephemeral volume mappings

Hi

I’ve created a C3.Large instance. This instance theoretically has 2x16gb ephemeral drives.
According to the jClouds template, these devices should be /dev/xvdb and /dev/xvdc.

However, when I instantiate the server, and lsblk,
I see:
NAME    MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
xvda    202:0    0    8G  0 disk
|-xvda1 202:1    0  128M  0 part
|-xvda2 202:2    0    2M  0 part
|-xvda3 202:3    0    1G  0 part /usr
|-xvda4 202:4    0    1G  0 part
|-xvda6 202:6    0  128M  0 part /usr/share/oem
|-xvda7 202:7    0   64M  0 part
`-xvda9 202:9    0  5.7G  0 part /
xvdb    202:16   0 15.3G  0 disk

There’s no sign of xvdc.

I assumed that jClouds automatically maps ephemeral devices as specified in the template.volumes. Is this assumption incorrect?
What would be the correct approach to address this? (I would like the mapped devices on the instance to match the jClouds template metadata)

Thanks!

(Y)