Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/11/13 16:55:10 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis2/post-1.3-plans" by Deepal

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by Deepal:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/post-1%2e3-plans

- === Stuff we'd like to see in 1.4 (unprioritized list) ===
+ === Stuff we'd like to see in 1.4 ===

-  * Documentation
+ (Priority is 1-3, where 1=critical, 2=important, 3=nice to have)

-  * Rationalize deployment stuff between URL and file repos (enable hot-update to work on URL repos by using If-Modified-Since...)
+  * (2) Documentation

-  * Emit MTOMPolicy in WSDL when MTOM is switched on
+  * (1) Rationalize deployment stuff between URL and file repos (enable hot-update to work on URL repos by using If-Modified-Since...)

-  * Make WSDL1.1 and WSDL2.0 WSDL generation work the same way (bindings)
+  * (3) Emit MTOMPolicy in WSDL when MTOM is switched on

-  * Enable "wsdl2java http://wsdl-url" (no "-uri" option)
+  * (3) Make WSDL1.1 and WSDL2.0 WSDL generation work the same way (bindings)

-  * JMS URL processing according to SOAP/JMS spec
+  * (3) Enable "wsdl2java http://wsdl-url" (no "-uri" option)

-  * XMPP support (integrate existing code)
+  * (3) JMS URL processing according to SOAP/JMS spec

-  * DIME support
+  * (3) XMPP support (integrate existing code)

-  * RPC encoding support
+  * (3) DIME support

-  * RPC literal support
+  * (1) RPC encoding support

-  * Better mapping for "wrapped" services (<method><arg1/><arg2/></method> turns into method(int arg1, String arg2), not method(DataClass))
+  * (1) RPC literal support (we think this is done)

-  * Remove fault flows?
+  * (2) Better mapping for "wrapped" services (<method><arg1/><arg2/></method> turns into method(int arg1, String arg2), not method(DataClass)) - this is actually just changing the default to unwrap!

-  * Dispatch to the AxisMessage level
+  * (1) Remove fault flows? (this is prioritized as critical because we need to finish the discussion whether or not we decide to do it)

-  * Support binding level policies (dispatch to BindingMessage?)
+  * (1) Dispatch to the AxisMessage level

-  * Generate JAXWS stubs (with option) when WSDL2Java-ing
+  * (2) Support binding level policies (dispatch to BindingMessage?)

-  * Dynamic Phase deployment
+  * (3) Generate JAXWS stubs (with option) when WSDL2Java-ing

-  * Split addressing processing into 2 Handlers, 1 for dispatch (Action/To) and another for MEP stuff (ReplyTo/FaultTo)
+  * (1) Dynamic Phase deployment

-  * Enable child-first classloading for AARs, MARs
+  * (3) Split addressing processing into 2 Handlers, 1 for dispatch (Action/To) and another for MEP stuff (ReplyTo/FaultTo)

-  * Enable classpath service loading
+  * (2) Enable child-first classloading for AARs, MARs

-  * service versioning
+  * (3) Enable classpath service loading

-  * Build cleanup
+  * (1) service versioning (the critical priority here is about the discussion, we'll figure out what to do as a result of that)

-  * Review and improve build targets (docs, tests, dists)
+  * (2) Build cleanup

-  * Full-on enterprise sample (hibernate/spring/etc)
+  * (1) Review and improve build targets (docs, tests, dists)

-  * JIRA review
+  * (2) Full-on enterprise sample (hibernate/spring/etc)

-  * Integrate WSDL validator w/codegen
+  * (1) JIRA review

-  * Fix/improve SOAP session mechanism (punt ServiceGroupContextID)
+  * (2) Integrate WSDL validator w/codegen

-  * HTTP content negotiation
+  * (2) Fix/improve SOAP session mechanism (punt ServiceGroupContextID)

-  * NIO HTTP transport receiver (SimpleAxisServer)
+  * (3) HTTP content negotiation

-  * Safe flag (no GET binding unless safe)
+  * (2) NIO HTTP transport receiver (SimpleAxisServer)

-  * HTTP-related annotations
+  * (2) Safe flag (no GET binding unless safe)

-  * Neethi needs to work with Policy 1.5
+  * (3) HTTP-related annotations

-  * Clean out deprecated stuff
+  * (2) Neethi needs to work with Policy 1.5

-  * Performance pass on Axiom
+  * (2) Clean out deprecated stuff

-  * Interop testing (automation)
+  * (2) Performance pass on Axiom

-  * Kill an active service
+  * (1) Interop testing (automation)

-  * SMTP server
+  * (?) Kill an active service

+  * (3) SMTP server
+
-  * Confirm that J2W/W2J do not generate "java." or "javax." stuff
+  * (1) Confirm that J2W/W2J do not generate "java." or "javax." stuff

  === Notes ===