Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/11/23 10:34:38 UTC

[io] remove old ant build system

As the site is using maven, is there any need to keep the old build
system?     [build.properties, build.properties.sample, build.xml]

It'll only get out of date if maven is the main build system [and vice
versa].

Hen

Re: [io] remove old ant build system

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Yep,

that bug was fixed in RC1.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Yep.

I've gone ahead and done this. We'll see if gump and maven play nice and
work correctly or not.

Hen

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
AFAIN, projects keep both in sync manually - not ideal.

Stephen

> Right. How are other commons projects handling that? Maven claims to
> integrate with Gump but still, I see quite a few projects still having a
> build.xml and some having a (generated) build-gump.xml. Any
> recommendations?
>
> On 23.11.2003 11:36:37 Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > Doesn't gump use ant?
> > Stephen

Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> wrote on 23/11/2003 09:54:45
PM:

> Right. How are other commons projects handling that? Maven claims to
> integrate with Gump but still, I see quite a few projects still having a
> build.xml and some having a (generated) build-gump.xml. Any
> recommendations?

Gump can't run maven 'natively' as it can Ant. You'll need to keep the
build.xml around.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Right. How are other commons projects handling that? Maven claims to
integrate with Gump but still, I see quite a few projects still having a
build.xml and some having a (generated) build-gump.xml. Any
recommendations?

On 23.11.2003 11:36:37 Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Doesn't gump use ant?
> Stephen

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [io] remove old ant build system

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Doesn't gump use ant?
Stephen

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Quoting Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>:

> Nope, I guess not.
>
> On 23.11.2003 10:34:38 Henri Yandell wrote:
> >
> > As the site is using maven, is there any need to keep the old build
> > system?     [build.properties, build.properties.sample, build.xml]
> >
> > It'll only get out of date if maven is the main build system [and vice
> > versa].
>
> Jeremias Maerki

If you want your jakarta-commons nightly builds to continue to work, you'll need
to keep the old build mechanism -- updating my scripts to work with the
packages that are Maven-built versus not is on my TODO list, but nowhere near
the top of the priorities.

Keeping build.xml in sync is straightforward (since Maven will generate one for
you), but is still a necessary step for this purpose.

Craig

Re: [io] remove old ant build system

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Nope, I guess not.

On 23.11.2003 10:34:38 Henri Yandell wrote:

> As the site is using maven, is there any need to keep the old build
> system?     [build.properties, build.properties.sample, build.xml]
>
> It'll only get out of date if maven is the main build system [and vice
> versa].

Jeremias Maerki