Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hoffman, Matt" <ho...@BATTELLE.ORG> on 2002/09/25 05:17:34 UTC

Tomcat+IIS+https redirect

I am having a problem running Tomcat with IIS (using the isapi_redirect
plugin). It is quite likely that I've missed some basic configuration
option; however I've read through the relevant documentation and haven't
found it. We recently implemented an SSL accelerator which acts as a
frontend, transfering de-encrypted SSL communcation to IIS, which then
transfers it to Tomcat. The only problem is when we use a directory as the
URL, it cannot redirect to the index.jsp file. Sniffing reveals that it is
trying to redirect a request for https://foobar.com to
http://foobar.com/index.jsp (note the http, not https), which times out and
gives a "page cannot be displayed" error (the site is https only).
request.getScheme() also returns http. I have set 'scheme="https"' in the
connector tag of both the http connector (which shouldn't matter) and the
AJP13 connector; getScheme() still returns "http".
Perhaps the problem is instead with IIS; I'm not sure who's responsible for
sending that redirect (from https://foobar.com to
https://foobar.com/index.jsp).
I'd appreciate any help you can offer on this.

Matt