Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Reinier (Linux 2.2.12)" <re...@clabo.co.za> on 2003/03/13 22:47:47 UTC

How to log4J

Hi all,

I'm looking for some simple pointers on how to get going with logging -
I'm getting a NullPointerException, and I want to trace this.  However,
I've never used log4J, and I'm not sure about the integration between
Tapestry and Log4J.

Thanx in advance
reinier

RE: How to log4J

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Tapestry doesn't directly integratge with Log4J.  It uses Jakarta logging,
which is a thin wrapper around whatever logging is available (Jdk1.4, Log4j,
etc.).

Generally though, you still need a log4j.properties file in the root of your
classpath.  You can just use the one from theTapestry distro in the config
directory.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components