Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Neil de Hoog <ne...@lunatech.com> on 2001/07/22 19:42:09 UTC

errors while compiling webdavgui

Trying to compile the webdavgui classes I some errors:

    [javac]
D:\usr\people\jakarta-slide\src\contrib\webdavgui\src\java\org\apach
e\webdav\ui\filechooser\plafui\SPMetalFileChooserUI.java:244: The type
javax.swi
ng.plaf.metal.MetalFileChooserUI.FileRenderer to which the member
getListCellRen
dererComponent belongs is not accessible from inner class
org.apache.webdav.ui.f
ilechooser.plafui.SPMetalFileChooserUI. MetalFileRenderer.
    [javac]         super.getListCellRendererComponent(list, value,
index, isSel
ected,
    [javac]                                           ^
    [javac]
D:\usr\people\jakarta-slide\src\contrib\webdavgui\src\java\org\apach
e\webdav\ui\filechooser\plafui\SPWindowsFileChooserUI.java:246: The
type com.sun
.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsFileChooserUI.FileRenderer to which
the member g
etListCellRendererComponent belongs is not accessible from inner class
org.apach
e.webdav.ui.filechooser.plafui.SPWindowsFileChooserUI.
WindowsFileRenderer.
    [javac]       super.getListCellRendererComponent(list, value,
index, isSelec
ted,
    [javac]                                         ^
    [javac]
D:\usr\people\jakarta-slide\src\contrib\webdavgui\src\java\org\apach
e\webdav\ui\LoginFrame.java:239: Incompatible type for method. Can't
convert jav
a.lang.String to org.apache.commons.httpclient.Credentials.
    [javac]   proxyServerName, proxyPort);
    [javac]   ^
    [javac]
D:\usr\people\jakarta-slide\src\contrib\webdavgui\src\java\org\apach
e\webdav\ui\LoginFrame.java:239: Incompatible type for method. Can't
convert int
 to boolean.
    [javac]   proxyServerName, proxyPort);
    [javac]                    ^
    [javac]
D:\usr\people\jakarta-slide\src\contrib\webdavgui\src\java\org\apach
e\webdav\ui\lab\MainFrame.java:207: Incompatible type for method.
Can't convert
java.lang.String to org.apache.commons.httpclient.Credentials.
    [javac]   proxyServerName, proxyPort);
    [javac]   ^
    [javac]
D:\usr\people\jakarta-slide\src\contrib\webdavgui\src\java\org\apach
e\webdav\ui\lab\MainFrame.java:207: Incompatible type for method.
Can't convert
int to boolean.
    [javac]   proxyServerName, proxyPort);
    [javac]                    ^
    [javac] 6 errors

is this package supposed to be compilable and if so what should I do
to fix these errors?

--
Neil de Hoog
Lunatech Research

Re: errors while compiling webdavgui

Posted by Neil de Hoog <ne...@lunatech.com>.
> These errors I have no idea about. They go away if you just run javac
> directly on the two files in question. Perhaps there's something really
> broken in the ant build file causing this? I ended up just compiling
> these two files directly, and letting ant finish the rest. Works fine
> then.
>
> If _anyone_ can shed light on what might be causing this, please tell
> me!
Using jikes instead of javac I managed to compile them (jikes did give
8 warnings). So I could start the client and it seems to work pretty
well. However the filechooser shows "C:\" as the root of the webdav
server.

> This error is known about, I haven't had time for a proper fix.
> Basically, we needed proxy support, so I hacked it into the http client
> code. It seems to work, but it really is a nasty hack. I can send you
> diffs if you want to do the same, but we really need to get this
> resolved properly some time soon.
Thanks but I need no proxy right now so changing the startSession
methods was enough for now.

Posted by Michael Smith <ms...@speedlegal.com>.
Neil de Hoog wrote:

> [...]

> java.lang.String to org.apache.commons.httpclient.Credentials.
>     [javac]   proxyServerName, proxyPort);
>     [javac]   ^
>     [javac]
> D:\usr\people\jakarta-slide\src\contrib\webdavgui\src\java\org\apach
> e\webdav\ui\lab\MainFrame.java:207: Incompatible type for method.
> Can't convert
> int to boolean.
>     [javac]   proxyServerName, proxyPort);
>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] 6 errors
>
> is this package supposed to be compilable and if so what should I do
> to fix these errors?

This error is known about, I haven't had time for a proper fix.
Basically, we needed proxy support, so I hacked it into the http client
code. It seems to work, but it really is a nasty hack. I can send you
diffs if you want to do the same, but we really need to get this

Michael

Re: errors while compiling webdavgui

Posted by Justin Lipton <ju...@ns.xn.com.au>.
Neil,

Glad to see you got it working - I'm not sure about the jikes/javac issue.
Regarding the C:\
How are you launching the chooser - I usually do it something like this -

// client is an instance of SPWebdavClient
// current is an existing SPFile that may or may not exist

String rootpath = "/Server-webdav/files/"; //This is usually stored as a
property
String home =
EditorSettings.getSharedInstance().getProperty("user.home.dir");

        if (client !=null ) {
            try {

parent.setCursor(Cursor.getPredefinedCursor(Cursor.WAIT_CURSOR));
                if (current!=null && current.exists())
                    chooser = SPFileChooser.

createWebFileChooser((SPFile)current);
                else {
                    chooser = SPFileChooser.
                                        createWebFileChooser(client,
rootpath);
                    ((SPFileChooser)chooser).setHomeDirectory(home);
                }
                ((SPFileChooser)chooser).setFileFilter(filter);
                parent.setCursor(Cursor.getDefaultCursor());
            } catch(Exception ex) {
                ex.printStackTrace();
                parent.setCursor(Cursor.getDefaultCursor());
            }

Hope this is of some use.
Justin.

<ma...@lunatech.com>

RE: Validation and DASL

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>:

> hi remy,
>   Do i need to turn validation on when parsing the dasl request.There
> are
> quite a few rules for how the dasl request should be structured.

Validation with Crimson is awfully slow (we're using it in Tomcat 4.0, and it's
adding a lot to the startup time). OTOH, it would be very convinient to do
validation in that particular case. I don't know if it's that big a problem
with other parsers, though.
It's easy to remove, so I suppose we can start with validation enabled, and we
can turn it off later if it turns out to be a performance problem.

Remy

RE: errors while compiling webdavgui

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
hi remy,
  Do i need to turn validation on when parsing the dasl request.There are
quite a few rules for how the dasl request should be structured.
    thanks,
    rajkumar

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Smith <ms...@speedlegal.com>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Remy is correct.
> It compiles with a modified version of the http client.
> Unfortunatley the proxy support is quite hacky and nasty - we've got a
> few choices:
>
> 1. Get the hacky code committed (Remy's first option)
> 2. Remove proxy support from the codebase (Remy's second option)
> 3. Let the http-client gurus know that we are attempting to achieve a
> degree of proxy support, submit the code as a patch and let them decide
> whether it's worthwhile integrating.
>
> I'm in favour of Option 3.
>
> Comments?

Yes, we can try that.

How big is the patch ?

Remy

Re: errors while compiling webdavgui

Posted by Justin Lipton <ju...@ns.xn.com.au>.
Remy is correct.

New CVS

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Can somebody send me the latest cvs root for slide

The updated CVSROOT is :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
(the CVS moved to a new server)

There are also sources snapshots available at :
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/jakarta-slide/

Remy

RE: errors while compiling webdavgui

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
Can somebody send me the latest cvs root for slide
   rajkumar

> The first two may be problems with some specific JDK version, but I didn't
> look into it.
I tried jdk1.2.2, 1.3 and 1.4 (all under windows) and they all give the
same error.

--

Neil de Hoog

Posted by Neil de Hoog <ne...@lunatech.com>.