Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/03/21 01:00:09 UTC

FYI: JSR111 - Java Services Framework

Hi,

A JSR relating to the area that Avalon/Phoenix serves has just been
proposed. If it achieves it's goals it would be likely that Avalon/Phoenix
would provide support for/conform to this model. (Possibly keeping the old
model for backwards compatability).

http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/jsr_111_jsf.html

Cheers,

Pete

Re: FYI: JSR111 - Java Services Framework

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A JSR relating to the area that Avalon/Phoenix serves has just been
> proposed. If it achieves it's goals it would be likely that Avalon/Phoenix
> would provide support for/conform to this model. (Possibly keeping the old
> model for backwards compatability).
>
> http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/jsr_111_jsf.html

I asked to be on the expert group *if* it is accepted.  I probably
undersold myself (I have that problem).  I guess the Be OS development
philosophy rubbed off on me (I never worked for them...):

"Under Promise, Over Deliver".