Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com> on 2004/05/28 23:31:46 UTC

Wiki mostly migrated :-)

Hey gang --

  I spent some time today to migrate the bulk of the old wiki
(http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?VelocityProjectPages) into the
new wiki.

 I laughed. I cried. I cursed at the differences in syntax.
(I'm talking about the wiki -- NOT whitespace gobbling. <grin>)

... and I sobbed because the new wiki isn't Confluence or Java.

Ah well, whatever -- the root of the new apache wiki is here:
http://wiki.apache.org

The Velocity and VelocityTools topics live here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity

Migration isn't 100%... but hey, it's a wiki... so everyone can help out.
<grin>

BTW -- I took some liberties re-arranging/condensing some content to make it
"easier" to navigate in my mind. You're thoughts may differ, I'm sure
Nathan's will, but hey -- I did the grunt work of moving most stuff, so no
whining! <grin>

And I put in a "content migrated" notice with the new link from the old site
to the new to avoid duplication.

Cheers,
Timo

Re: Wiki mostly migrated :-)

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Nice work !

CloD

Re: Wiki mostly migrated :-)

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Tim Colson said:
> The Velocity and VelocityTools topics live here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity
>
> Migration isn't 100%... but hey, it's a wiki... so everyone can help out.
> <grin>
>
> BTW -- I took some liberties re-arranging/condensing some content to make it
> "easier" to navigate in my mind. You're thoughts may differ, I'm sure
> Nathan's will, but hey -- I did the grunt work of moving most stuff, so no
> whining! <grin>

no, my thoughts will not differ!  um... i mean, they will, no wait, i mean...

crap.

ok, i admit it.  i'm a rather opinionated perfectionist who more often than
not just can't leave well enough alone, and the only thing that keeps me from
tweaking and "cleaning up" every piece of code or documentation i have access
to is the low number of hours in a day and large number of things on my plate.

;)

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

Re: Wiki mostly migrated :-)