Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 02:19:38 UTC

2016 ApacheCon talk proposal

Team,

We plan to present REEF at ApacheCon this year. The CFP page is here:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp

I published a strawman proposal for the talk on our wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/REEF/2016+ApacheCon+talk+proposal

Could you guys please take a look and let me know what you think? I am
especially concerned about the abstract, which I took our 2015 SIGMOD paper
- it's great for the paper, but I am still struggling to come up with
something better for ApacheCon and its audience. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Sergiy.

Re: 2016 ApacheCon talk proposal

Posted by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com>.
Submitted! Thanks a lot guys for your input!

Markus, I've entered you as a co-speaker - please register at the
conference site with your weimo.de email.

Here's the proposal page:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/cfp/proposals/9659/8545

(I guess you have to register to see it)

Cheers,
Sergiy.

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergiy,

Thanks for the update!
The proposal looks great!

Cheers,
Gon

---

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: 2016 ApacheCon talk proposal

Posted by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Posted by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergiy,

Looks good to me overall.
I have a comment on the section Linux/OSS gain.
Since REEF is an Apache top-level project, it'd be good to ack the overall
community effort. The section reads like REEF is a Microsoft-only project.

Thanks.
-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun