Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 20:04:16 UTC

[IO] get rid of suite() and TestAll classes?

As was done recently for DPCP, POOL and CODEC, I'd like to get rid of
all the main() and suite() methods in test cases, and drop the TestAll
or PackageTest classes.

SureFire allows individual tests to be run, and this can easily be
enabled for Ant as well (as has been done for DBCP, POOL, CODEC).

IDEs also allow individual tests (or groups of tests) to be run, so I
don't think anything will be lost by dropping the code.

The advantage is that all new test classes will automatically be run -
the test packages cannot get out of date because there are none to
maintain.

S///

Re: [IO] get rid of suite() and TestAll classes?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Go for it. I think it's at the point now where you could do it and
apologize later if someone gets upset.

Hen

Posted by Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com>.
Good idea, +1.