Posted to user@roller.apache.org by richiebaby <ri...@logica.com> on 2008/09/01 18:14:25 UTC

Planet newsfeed still showing entry after it has been deleted

I have created a test entry against a blog and added the newsfeed to my
planet subscription.

I have deleted the entry from the blog. However, I still see the entry
appear on my Planet home page.

What do I need to check to work out where the entry is coming from, I have
already tried:

-Deleting the blog entry.
-Deleting the newsfeed file from the Planet cache.

Thanks

Re: Planet newsfeed still showing entry after it has been deleted

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:14 PM, richiebaby <ri...@logica.com> wrote:
> I have created a test entry against a blog and added the newsfeed to my
> planet subscription.
>
> I have deleted the entry from the blog. However, I still see the entry
> appear on my Planet home page.
>
> What do I need to check to work out where the entry is coming from, I have
> already tried:
>
> -Deleting the blog entry.
> -Deleting the newsfeed file from the Planet cache.

Sounds like the entry is still in the database (in the rag_entry table).

When Planet runs the refresh entries task it checks each feed, if the
feed has been updated (and deleting an entry will not be treated as an
update) then Planet will delete all entries from the feed from its
database and will fetch the new feed and cache the new entries.

Here's how you could have caused the entry to be deleted:
- Delete the entry from your blog and then...
- Update the newest entry from your blog with a newer publish date,
that way Planet would think the feed has been updated and would update
it.

Another way:
- Delete the blog entry
- Remove the subscription from Planet