Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by stormspire <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/27 06:44:53 UTC

Performance Issue

We are using Myfaces 1.1.5 SNAPSHOT + tomahawk-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT +
tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT + facelets in websphere environment.
We have big performance issue, not only the response is slow, avg 6 seconds,
but also our application consumes lots of memory.
The max heap size for us is 512M, although it is slow, another application
with more users resided in the same app server doesn't have performance
issue, it's also using 512M max heap size.  That application is using
struts.

Right now we usually save state the whole bean, and using server side.  I
follow http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Performance quite closely. Is there
any other way to improve it?  I am considering switching to client state,
and add a compression on the state.  Anyone has already done it?

Re: Performance Issue

Posted by stormspire <st...@gmail.com>.
We have a memory constraint here, is there any one has done application
successfully with large pool of concurrent users?  We use statestate
extensively, and we save the whole bean usually, i doubt this is the problem
for us.  It doesn't scale very well.

Re: Performance Issue

Posted by stormspire <st...@gmail.com>.