Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Nikita Amelchev <ns...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/05 11:21:51 UTC

Optimize GridIntList and GridByteArrayList serialization

Igniters,

Recently was optimized GridLongList serialization. [1]

I found that GridIntList and GridByteArrayList can be optimized as well.

We can reduce message size by sending only valuable part of the array:

public boolean writeTo(ByteBuffer buf, MessageWriter writer) {
      writer.writeIntArray("arr", arr)  // Here serialize only valuable
part of the array up to idx
      writer.writeInt("idx", idx)
}

Can I create the issue and fixed it?

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8054

--
Best wishes,
Amelchev Nikita

Re: Optimize GridIntList and GridByteArrayList serialization

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikita,

I guess there is no significiant boost from this change, but I may be
wrong. Can we somehow do macrobenchmark with GridLongList changes?

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov