Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ch...@TravelChannel.com on 2009/12/10 18:27:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about Red Hat and Mod_Proxy_AJP

Guys,

Just trying to rule out any issues we are having with Red Hat 5.2 and Apache 2.2.3 ( httpd-2.2.3-31.el5_4.2). Does anyone know of any bug or issues using that version Apache and Mod_Proxy_AJP? We are having issues, but we are trying to see if the version of Apache we are using.

CHUCK PAYNE |  Unix System Administrator

TRAVEL CHANNEL MEDIA
3700 Mansell Rd, Suite 500
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Office: 404-269-5533
Blackberry: 770-940-7765
email:chuck.payne@travelchannel.com

CATCH IT  |  travelchannel.com

Need IT help?  Go to http://Keystoneweb.corp.cox.com
Or contact us at Support@TravelChannel.com / 301-244-7777
Cox Communications Help Desk (24 X 7 X 365): 800-637-3545
 ------------------------------------
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom (or entity to which) it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views that are not the views of The Travel Channel, L.L.C.

TRAVEL BUG EFFECT: Strong Attraction to Haunted Places
Ghost Adventures, Fridays at 9PM E/P
CATCH IT  |  travelchannel.com

Re: [users@httpd] Question about Red Hat and Mod_Proxy_AJP

Posted by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at>.
* <Ch...@TravelChannel.com> [2009-11-17 17:42]:
> Because we are running productions, as stated on the Apache site in
> BOLD letters, mod_ajp is not for production use.

[ me asking about mod_ajp (or rather mod_proxy_ajp) and the exact URL
  where this is stated, so we can eventually get it corrected ]

* <Ch...@TravelChannel.com> [2009-12-10 19:09]:
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors

No, that statement is just not there (I even checked all the available
revisions of that wiki page back to r1 in 2007). So unless you can
back up that statement with an another page "on the Apache site" let's
put this myth/fud/lie to rest.
-peter

RE: [users@httpd] Question about Red Hat and Mod_Proxy_AJP

Posted by Ch...@TravelChannel.com.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors

CHUCK PAYNE |  Unix System Administrator

TRAVEL CHANNEL MEDIA
3700 Mansell Rd, Suite 500
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Office: 404-269-5533
Blackberry: 770-940-7765
email:chuck.payne@travelchannel.com

CATCH IT  |  travelchannel.com

Need IT help?  Go to http://Keystoneweb.corp.cox.com
Or contact us at Support@TravelChannel.com / 301-244-7777
Cox Communications Help Desk (24 X 7 X 365): 800-637-3545
 ------------------------------------
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom (or entity to which) it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views that are not the views of The Travel Channel, L.L.C.
> Just trying to rule out any issues we are having with Red Hat 5.2
> and Apache 2.2.3 ( httpd-2.2.3-31.el5_4.2). Does anyone know of any
> bug or issues using that version Apache and Mod_Proxy_AJP? We are
> having issues, but we are trying to see if the version of Apache we
> are using.

Did you check RedHat's bugzilla? What else would be a current source
of bugs in RHEL distributed & supported software?
-peter

ps: you still owe us the link on "the apache site" that says
    mod_proxy_ajp is not for production, IIRC.

Posted by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at>.