Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Kuhn <sk...@tibco.com> on 2008/10/08 23:37:10 UTC

AXIS JAVA Client - JMS Transport Authenication

I need to provide a username and password to my AXIS client which is
attempting to invoke a web service provider over a TIBCO EMS (JMS
implementation) endpoint.  I tried setting the username and password
using the Call.setUsername() and Call.setPassword() methods with no
luck.  I also tried adding java.naming.security.principle and
java.naming.security.credentials to the URL with no luck.

Here's what my String url looks like:

    static String sampleJmsUrl = "jms:/queue.sample?" +
                                 "vendor=JNDI" +

"&java.naming.factory.initial=com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialConte
xtFactory" +

"&java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:7222" +
                                 "&java.naming.security.principle=abc" +
                                 "&java.naming.security.credentials=xyz"
+

"&ConnectionFactoryJNDIName=QueueConnectionFactory" +
                                 "&deliveryMode=persistent" +
                                 "&priority=5" +
                                 "&ttl=10000" +
                                 "&debug=true";

It appears my AXIS client is trying to log on using an "anonymous" user
based on the error message I'm getting from the EMS server.  Any help in
resolving this would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sam Kuhn

Re: AXIS JAVA Client - JMS Transport Authenication

Posted by Andreas Veithen <ve...@apache.org>.
Sam,

The name of the JNDI environment property you use to specify the user
is incorrect. It should be java.naming.security.principal. Maybe that
solves your problem?

Andreas