Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2012/10/08 20:56:24 UTC

[ASFCS40] CHANGES file

All,

Below is a copy of my first draft CHANGES file for 4.0.0.  Can you
please take a moment to review?  I wasn't intending this to be another
version of the Release Notes, as much as a summary (bullet) level
version that we keep at the top of the source tree.  Please comment!

Apache CloudStack (Incubating) CHANGES
======================================

Full release notes for each release are located in the project's
documentation website:  http://docs.cloudstack.org/

Version 4.0.0
-------------

This is the first release of CloudStack from within the Apache
Software Foundation.

Build Tool Changes:

 * The project now uses a combination of maven3 and ant for building
 * License header auditing is now implemented via the Apache RAT Maven plugin
 * Some integrations have been disabled in the default build, due to
the license types of our dependencies (See README.md for details on
how to build with the optional capabilities)

New Features:

 * Inter-VLAN Routing (VPC)
 * Site-to-Site VPN
 * Local Storage Support for Data Volumes
 * Virtual Resource Tagging
 * Secure Console Access on XenServer
 * Added the ability to create a VM without immediately starting it (via API)
 * Upload an Existing Volume to a Virtual Machine
 * Dedicated High-Availability Hosts
 * Support for Amazon Web Services API (The Citrix CloudBridge product
is now part of Apache CloudStack)
 * AWS API Extensions to include Tagging
 * Cisco Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch for ESX
 * Support for Nicira NVP (L2)
 * Ceph RBD Support for KVM
 * Support for Caringo as Secondary Storage