Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Lisa Davis <lc...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/08 01:29:46 UTC

RemoteFileFormatTarget ?

Hi,
  Any ideas on how to implement remote file serialization?
  I have to process really large XML files and I would like to serialize the documents to our target webserver without having to write to a local file/memory buffer and then do a manual http transfer.

  Thanks!

  Lisa

---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.

Re: RemoteFileFormatTarget ?

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
At 16.29 07/09/2006 -0700, Lisa Davis wrote:
>Hi,
>   Any ideas on how to implement remote file serialization?
>   I have to process really large XML files and I would like to
> serialize the documents to our target webserver without having to
> write to a local file/memory buffer and then do a manual http transfer.

Hi Lisa,
Xerces-C doesn't have the capability of writing to URLs, so it
doesn't provide a RemoteFileFormatTarget-like class. You will have to
implement it by yourself.

Hope this helps,
Alberto