Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Omair-Inam Abdul-Matin <oi...@cs.uwaterloo.ca> on 2004/05/27 22:20:28 UTC

Plugin built...

Omair-Inam Abdul-Matin wrote:
> Gilles Dodinet wrote:
>
>> Omair-Inam Abdul-Matin wrote:
>>
>>> I followed the link provided by Gilles and am trying to build the
>>> eclipse plugin.  All goes well until the final step.  I chang into
>>> the mevenide-master directory and issue the maven
>>> mevenide-eclipse:build command.  Maven chugs along for a while, then
>>> chokes and dies :(
>>>
>>> I have attached the final few pages of output given by maven.  Can
>>> anyone guide me as to what the problem is?
>>>
>>> Note that my setup environment is correctly set up (I have
>>> ECLIPSE_HOME set to point to my Eclipse installation directory)
>>

>> Omair,
>>
>> problem is that youve built against M9.
>
> Oh (:-0)
>
>> i havent yet committed the changes i made for M9. i just committed
>> changes so it will at least compile, however M9 seems to _really_
>> break runtime.. if you're interested i can upload a M8 compatible
>> update site.
>>
>> -- gd
>

> I would definitely be interested in an M8 compatible website.  So if I
> understand correctly this would allow me to go through the
> Help->Software Updates->Find and Install option in Eclipse 3.0M8 to
> install the plugin... right?
>
> Omair

I managed to build the plugin against 3.0M8.  Now what is the
configuration directory mentioned in the wiki that I have to delete.  By
that are you referring to the /path/to/my/workspace/.metadata directory?
If not then which directory?

Omair

RE: Mevenide - eclipse 3.0 M8 (was: Plugin built...)

Posted by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr>.
Omair-Inam Abdul-Matin wrote:

> I see the directory.

actually that is useful when upgrading feature - seems  3.0 Mx have some
troubles with managing feature versions (ive experimented it and read
similar experiences on o.e.platform newsgroup). anyway ive uploaded a
zip archive here : http://dist.codehaus.org/mevenide/release/. you can
use it to install from a local update site. please report any problems
to mevenide user-list.

thanks,

-- gd

Dumb question: config dir = config dir

Posted by Omair-Inam Abdul-Matin <oi...@cs.uwaterloo.ca>.
Omair-Inam Abdul-Matin wrote:

> Omair-Inam Abdul-Matin wrote:
>
>> Gilles Dodinet wrote:

>>> Omair,
>>>
>>> problem is that youve built against M9.
>>

>> Oh (:-0)
>>
>>> i havent yet committed the changes i made for M9. i just committed
>>> changes so it will at least compile, however M9 seems to _really_
>>> break runtime.. if you're interested i can upload a M8 compatible
>>> update site.
>>>
>>> -- gd
>>

>> I would definitely be interested in an M8 compatible website.  So if I
>> understand correctly this would allow me to go through the
>> Help->Software Updates->Find and Install option in Eclipse 3.0M8 to
>> install the plugin... right?
>>
>> Omair
>

> I managed to build the plugin against 3.0M8.  Now what is the
> configuration directory mentioned in the wiki that I have to delete.  By
> that are you referring to the /path/to/my/workspace/.metadata directory?
> If not then which directory?
>
> Omair
I see the directory.

Omair