Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/26 19:09:14 UTC

[Axis2][VOTE] Axis2C 0.93 Release Plan

It is time to do the 0.93 release, with the new features and bug fixes.

I updated the Wiki here:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2C/releases/0.93

IMHO, we could do the 0.93 release within next week.
I would like to propose that we do the release on 31st of August 2006.

We have implemented almost all the features we planned for 1.0 release
by now. So 0.93 will be an early preview of 1.0.
We have to fix few more key bugs (related to specific use cases, not the
common/general use cases) and memory leaks before 1.0. Please have a
look at the TODO section of the Wiki for more information.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: [Axis2][VOTE] Axis2C 0.93 Release Plan

Posted by Sahan Gamage <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
+1 for the release.

-sahan

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1
Thanks
nandika

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Chamikara

Posted by Sanjaya Ratnaweera <sa...@wso2.com>.
+1

Thanks

    ~sanjaya

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
+1

thanks,
Dinesh

On 8/29/06, Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
> Damitha
> Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>
> > It is time to do the 0.93 release, with the new features and bug fixes.
> >
> > I updated the Wiki here:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2C/releases/0.93
> >
> > IMHO, we could do the 0.93 release within next week.
> > I would like to propose that we do the release on 31st of August 2006.
> >
> > We have implemented almost all the features we planned for 1.0 release
> > by now. So 0.93 will be an early preview of 1.0.
> > We have to fix few more key bugs (related to specific use cases, not
> > the common/general use cases) and memory leaks before 1.0. Please have
> > a look at the TODO section of the Wiki for more information.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Samisa...

W.Dinesh Premalal
http://xydinesh.blogspot.com/

Re: [Axis2][VOTE] Axis2C 0.93 Release Plan

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
+1
Damitha

Posted by Kaushalye Kapuruge <ka...@wso2.com>.
+1 from me. :)

Cheers,
Kaushalye

Re: [Axis2] 0.93 Release - Code Freeze

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
I have tagged the svn, bundled and uploaded the release files.
So would like to declare that the code freeze is over.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 .. great work guys!!

Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> It is time to do the 0.93 release, with the new features and bug fixes.
>
> I updated the Wiki here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2C/releases/0.93
>
> IMHO, we could do the 0.93 release within next week.
> I would like to propose that we do the release on 31st of August 2006.
>
> We have implemented almost all the features we planned for 1.0 release
> by now. So 0.93 will be an early preview of 1.0.
> We have to fix few more key bugs (related to specific use cases, not
> the common/general use cases) and memory leaks before 1.0. Please have
> a look at the TODO section of the Wiki for more information.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...

+1 for the release.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Axis2][VOTE] Axis2C 0.93 Release Plan

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm +1 for a release. There have been  lots of improvements and after
> all we believe in the 'release early release often' philosophy :)
> BTW Have we decided the fate of the WSDL2C code ? I see it listed in
> the post 1.0 section
I will try to get the code in to svn before 0.93. It is a mistake to
have this as port 1.0, would move it to 1.0

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
BTW, here is my vote: +1
And I would like to volunteer as the release manager.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I'm +1 for a release. There have been  lots of improvements and after
all we believe in the 'release early release often' philosophy :)
BTW Have we decided the fate of the WSDL2C code ? I see it listed in
the post 1.0 section

Ajith

On 8/26/06, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is time to do the 0.93 release, with the new features and bug fixes.
>
> I updated the Wiki here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2C/releases/0.93
>
> IMHO, we could do the 0.93 release within next week.
> I would like to propose that we do the release on 31st of August 2006.
>
> We have implemented almost all the features we planned for 1.0 release
> by now. So 0.93 will be an early preview of 1.0.
> We have to fix few more key bugs (related to specific use cases, not the
> common/general use cases) and memory leaks before 1.0. Please have a
> look at the TODO section of the Wiki for more information.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2][VOTE] Axis2C 0.93 Release Plan

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Ruchith