Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/30 03:36:18 UTC

Review board: Not able to tag kafka group

Hi,

I am tried out the instructions over [0] to use review board and it worked
like a charm. Over RB, when I tried to tag "kafka" in the "groups" field,
it said that the group does not exist. Group tagging sends out notification
to all the members of a group (in this case the "kafka" developers group
over RB).

[1] gives this error:
Something broke! (Error 500)

It appears something broke when you tried to go to here. This is either a
bug in Review Board or a server configuration error. Please report this to
your administrator.
This "group tagging" thingy works for other projects (I had tried it for
Apache Nutch several times). This is not a blocker as I can still create
review requests but it would be something good to get fixed.

[0] : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Review+Board
[1] : https://reviews.apache.org/r/13908/

Thanks,
Tejas

RE: Review board: Not able to tag kafka group

Posted by Tejas Patil <tp...@linkedin.com>.
Correction:
Link for [1] is https://reviews.apache.org/groups/kafka/

~tejas

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Looks like we had two rb group entries one for kafka and one for kafka
incubator and the incubator one seemed to cause the 500 error. They removed
it so groups should work now.

-Jay