Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Babel <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/24 16:18:33 UTC

Re: component lifecycle and cache

Thanks for your answer

For more detail, I did not found how Camel manage its components. Are those
two assertion true?
 - a component is started when added to the camel context
 - a component is destroy only when the camel context is stopped (and not
for example when there is no more endpoint corresponding to that component)

Thanks for your advices and sorry if you already answered that question, but
I didn't find it.

Babel

Re: component lifecycle and cache

Posted by Babel <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for that accurate answer!

Best regards

Re: component lifecycle and cache

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Babel <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer
>
> For more detail, I did not found how Camel manage its components. Are those
> two assertion true?
>  - a component is started when added to the camel context

Yes, well its when you use the component for the first time its started.

If you use the addComponent API from CamelContext, then the component
is not started.
If you use getComponent, then the component is started.

>  - a component is destroy only when the camel context is stopped (and not
> for example when there is no more endpoint corresponding to that component)

Yes.

> Thanks for your advices and sorry if you already answered that question, but
> I didn't find it.
>
> Babel

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource