Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 19:59:39 UTC

DNS and multiple Guest Networks.

Hey List.

I've got the following problem:

Currently i have 5 guest networks and several VMs across them.

My problem is that when i set DNS forward on my main DNS server i get hit
and misses depending the DNS server i hit for instance:

mydomain.com  -> 10.0.1.31 , 10.0.2.31 , both of this are virtual routers
with DNS running on them.

Each of them will answer about VMs they know about ... which make the dns
forward a bit of a gamble ... cause i will get empty answers and real ones
depending the server i hit.

Is there a solution for this yet?

Thanks!

Re: DNS and multiple Guest Networks.

Posted by Jeronimo Garcia <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot ... it's hard cause  we will get a lot of empty answers when
we query a given host ... maybe there's a BIND feature for this ... but is
unlikely

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.