Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elivis <el...@basistech.com> on 2020/11/11 21:16:26 UTC

Are values in solr.xml 32-bit or 64-bit?

I'm trying to find out what are the maximum values for parameters specified
in solr.xml file? Mainly I am interested in distribUpdateConnTimeout and
distribUpdateSoTimeout. I have tried setting those values to 0 in hopes that
it would set the timeout to infinite, but I don't think that worked. I want
to set these values to maximum possible.

Just as FYI, we have multiple very large collections (total combined index
size of all shards is over 2TB for each collection, sometimes much more than
that) sharded across a handful of Solr nodes. So obviously the queries take
a long time, which is expected. I want to make sure the queries don't time
out and eventually return results. What is the best way to achieve this?
When I set these values to 10 minutes, I was getting timeout errors in solr
logs (timeouts were occurring in intra-cluster communication).

Thank you in advance!

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html