Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Louis Alexander <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/20 21:14:52 UTC

Connecting to JMS Queue on Glassfish

Hello Everyone,

I have a message driven bean running inside of an instance of glassfish that
consumes from a queue, and then processes the message.

I would like to use JMeter to do some performance testing of my bean, but im
having problems.  I have read the point-to-point sample on the JMeter
website, but to be honest i found it less than 100% useful.  Since my
(production) client to the JMS bean will be other native JMS services within
the container, id like to do my testing as "correctly" as possible (i.e.
using as little tricks as possible).

I read some information on the web about using JMeter to connect to
WebSphere MQ using some iiop: address and some other system settings, but
this generated an odd error within my glassfish, and i would prefer to
connect natively using the mq: url that other clients will be using to
connect to the message provider, unfortunately there is no information on
connecting to a JMS provider that way.

Am i barking up the wrong tree by trying to use the mq: url? what exactly is
the difference between the mq: and the iiop: url (yes i get one is a
connectionURL and the other is a providerURL, but im not sure what the
significant difference is - im quite new to JMS).

Has anyone had success using JMeter to load a JMS queue in this manner? Any
information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Louis