Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2009/06/11 15:36:41 UTC

ActiveMQ 6 Codename?

Hi Guys,

So while working on the ActiveMQ flow module which I hope one day will
be come ActiveMQ 6, I realized that I'm going to need a new package
name space to hold all the new bits to avoid clashing with the 5.x
classes in cases where users have both products in the same classpath.
 I decided to use 'org.apache.activemq.apollo' for now.
This is similar to what the Tomcat project when through when they
developed the catalina based tomcat engine.  So, just to avoid a bit
package refactor in the future, I'd like your input what you think
would be a good code name for the ActiveMQ 6 code base?  Lets try to
keep it concise as it will be used in package names.

My favorites so far would be:
apollo
puma

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com/

Re: ActiveMQ 6 Codename?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
While we are in the real of greek gods

ANGELIA was the daimona (spirit) of messages, tidings and proclamations. -
http://www.theoi.com/Daimon/Angelia.html
IRIS was the goddess of the rainbow, the messenger of the Olympian gods. -
http://www.theoi.com/Pontios/Iris.html

:)

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Re: ActiveMQ 6 Codename?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
EUNOMIA was the

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: ActiveMQ 6 Codename?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> So while working on the ActiveMQ flow module which I hope one day will
> be come ActiveMQ 6, I realized that I'm going to need a new package
> name space to hold all the new bits to avoid clashing with the 5.x
> classes in cases where users have both products in the same classpath.
>  I decided to use 'org.apache.activemq.apollo' for now.
> This is similar to what the Tomcat project when through when they
> developed the catalina based tomcat engine.  So, just to avoid a bit
> package refactor in the future, I'd like your input what you think
> would be a good code name for the ActiveMQ 6 code base?  Lets try to
> keep it concise as it will be used in package names.
>
> My favorites so far would be:
> apollo
> puma
>
> --