Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com> on 2017/10/27 14:36:19 UTC

VMware 6.0 or 6.5

Hello everyone,

What has the experience been with ACS an VMware? I have used XenServer primarily with a spackling of KVM but never VMware. I am quite versed with VMware, just not with ACS.

Thoughts, experiences, warnings?

Regards,
Marty Godsey
Principal Engineer
nSource Solutions, LLC

Re: VMware 6.0 or 6.5

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Shouldn’t be any issues with this Marty – you obviously need to create new templates – and maybe name your templates according to hypervisor. Apart from that as long as your networking is set up correctly – i.e. VLANs propagate between VMware and XenServer clusters this should work fine.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 28/10/2017, 00:33, "Marty Godsey" <ma...@gonsource.com> wrote:

    No, I am just now getting ready to add my VMware cluster to my zone and wanted to know if anyone had any bad experiences.

    Regards,
    Marty Godsey
    Principal Engineer
    nSource Solutions, LLC