Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/10/08 14:34:11 UTC

RE: tomcat 4.1.12 with apache1.3.26 and mod_jk integration error .

Take a look at the docs for the ApacheConfig Listener...there are parameters
there to stop things like appending to mod_jk.conf, which might be what is
happening.  In other words, shut everything down, wait a bit, delete
mod_jk.conf, then start up Tomcat and see if the mod_jk.conf file is correct
(make sure permissions on mod_jk.conf file are correct, too...the user
Tomcat is running as should have write/delete access to that file).  It's
possible that you just keep using the same mod_jk.conf file, a new one may
not be getting written everytime Tomcat starts.

For the 8080 message, make sure you have a HTTP connector on 8080 enabled in
server.xml.  Take a second and go back through my HOWTO (not the connector
build steps).  There are only 4 or 5 specific changes to make to httpd.conf
and server.xml to get Apache working with Tomcat...and none of those changes
are major.

John