Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by zolv <zo...@o2.pl> on 2006/08/04 10:13:44 UTC

[axis2] First 3 and last byte in messages

Hi.

I created a simple service (implementation is trivial) and 2 clients for them.
One client uses axis2 classes to manage messages exchange and the second one using HttpURLConnection to do it (hardcoded) without any axis classes.
I use TCPMon (from axis (not axis2)) to wathing what is happening.

And.

First client (with axis2 classes) works great. But when I send the same message using second client I got an errors:
on client side:
IOException Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL(...)
on server side (main/first error):
"SOAPEnvelope must contain a body element which is either first or second child element of the SOAPEnvelope."

And now

I noticed, that client that use axis2 classes sends additional bytes in message:

fb
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
(...message content...)
</soapenv:Envelope>0

and when I put this chars ("fb\n" on beginning and "0" in the end) to the emessage in second client, everything works fine.

Surprisingly, when I change "fb" to f.e. "aa" it works too, but if I put "xx"/"00" it's not (is it hex or sth?).
And my question is:

What are this bytes?
(I can send an clients/server implementation if needed)

Greetings
zolv

Re: [axis2] First 3 and last byte in messages

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Hi,

Default, Axis2 uses Http 1.1 with Chunking support on. That's why you
see control characters. You can disable chunking in you client setting
the following option.

options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.CHUNKED,Boolean.FALSE);

Saminda