Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "NHSoft.YHW" <nh...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/17 16:31:05 UTC

autocompleter works at firefox but broken at IE 6

the code detail:
JSP File :
<ww:autocompleter
	theme="ajax" href="${jsonRegionListUrl}"
	name="switchToRegionName"
	keyName="switchToRegionKey"
	autoComplete="true"
	notifyTopics="/Changed"
	forceValidOption="true"
	indicator="indicator" id="switchToRegion"/>

action config:
	<action name="ajaxRegionList" class="switchAutocompleterAction"
method="listRegions">
            <result type="freemarker"
name="success">/ajax/regions.ftl</result>
        </action>

regions.ftl:
[
<#list regions as region>
	["${region.regionName}","${region.regionNum}"],
</#list>
]

when I test code using firefox, it works; but when change to IE 6, when I
selected first autocompleter arrow, the IE show Error Message:
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
Runtime Error

Rows: 4871
Error: [object Error]

Re: autocompleter works at firefox but broken at IE 6

Posted by 宁波新希望信息技术有限公司 -- 俞宏伟 <nh...@gmail.com>.
I found that struts 2 " link two autocompleter" of showcase apps can not
work correctly with IE 6, I test both struts 2.0.8 and struts 2.0.9 have
same javascript exception.

as metioned prior message, the struts live showcase also can not works with
IE 6.
http://www.planetstruts.org/struts2-showcase/ajax/autocompleter/

it looks that dojo.js has some exception, but I do not know how to solved
the problem. has anyone help me, thanks

2007/7/25, NHSoft.YHW <nh...@gmail.com>:

> >>but I found follow URL works with IE 6:
> >>http://www.planetstruts.org/struts2-showcase/ajax/autocompleter/
>
> today I found that the
> URL(http://www.planetstruts.org/struts2-showcase/ajax/autocompleter/
> )executed
> failure IE 6 when click Autocompleter 2 of  "Link two autocompleter
> elements.", the IE throws Excption message "4871 object error"
>

> NHSoft.YHW wrote:
> >
> > deploy showcase apps at tomcat 5.5.17 & JDK1.5.11, when I test "Link two
> > autocompleter elements" example, when click "Autocompleter 2", the same
> > error found at IE 6(Firefox works)
> >
> > but I found follow URL works with IE 6:
> > http://www.planetstruts.org/struts2-showcase/ajax/autocompleter/
> >
> > :(
> >
> > My Env Detail:
> > windows 2000 server + tomcat 5.5.17+jdk1.5.11+struts 2.0.8
> >
> > thanks

新希望信息技术有限公司---俞宏伟
Addr:宁波海曙新高路47弄7号四楼新希望软件
Site: http://www.nhsoft.cn
MSN/GTalk: nhsoft.yhw@gmail.com
Tel: 0574-87280538
Fax: 0574-56226219
Mobile:13780081921

Re: autocompleter works at firefox but broken at IE 6

Posted by "NHSoft.YHW" <nh...@gmail.com>.