Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/08 01:45:56 UTC

Re: Stack Overflow Error support issues

On 7/24/06, Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >No, I think that VM can do this check but use lower border: e.g. 1/100 of
> >initial.
> >JIT must do this check more accurate: use knowledge of algorithms it
> uses.

I lowered the defensive  VM check to 1/100 of the initial stack size on both
platforms as discussed. Even with this less strict requirement, the test
recurses > 700,000 times.To be augmented with simple Jit heuristic when we
pursue further. This is a simple, self-contained change primarily as self
education to go thru the JIRA based code patch submission procedure.

Rana