Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@nht-norwick.net> on 2006/03/20 11:55:33 UTC

Referer's problems

I'm getting a loto f problems with referers. I'm using anti-spam roller's features, but i'm getting more and more referers.

I'm near 10.000 spam referers per day, and i get new URL each days.

It would be great if roller have 2 more features against spamers

1.- Store the IP of the referer to block the on Server firewall
2.- delete all referers that use black list Word. This could be vary useful when you add new words to the blacklist.

Regards, Enrique.

_______________________________________
Enrique Rodriguez Lasterra
Dpto. Movilidad NHT-Norwick
Correo Móvil: enrique.rodriguez@nht-norwick.net
Tel: 94 435 54 40
Móvil: 647 37 21 60

Este mensaje va dirigido sólo al destinatario del mismo y puede contener información privilegiada, de propiedad intelectual o cualquier otro tipo de datos de carácter privado. Si lo ha recibido por error, notifíqueselo inmediatamente al emisario y borre el original. Está prohibido cualquier otro empleo de este e-mail por su parte.

Re: Referer's problems

Posted by Oscar del Rio <de...@mie.utoronto.ca>.
You can also delete or comment out the Referer's section
in every theme's Weblog.vm (and custom themes), so they are not
displayed.  Spammers might eventually leave you alone.

You can still see the referers in your weblog administration page.

For a while I was getting the spammer IPs from the access logs and
blocking them on the firewall, but I gave up since they seem to
be using spambots, coming from everywhere.

RE: Referer's problems

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez Lasterra <la...@javahispano.org>.
The good part of roller referers is that user's can see and use as a
"porlet" on its weblogs.

By the way, i disabled the option as you suggested becouse I started to get
outofmemory exception on my Server.

Regards, Enrique.

Re: Referer's problems

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.